Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, March 5, 2009

the gods are against me!

I apologize in advance for this being another pictureless post!! Yesterday was actually a good day! I took Emilie and Tabitha to the park since it was sunny and above 0. I went to the Library too. I found some amazing gardening books and have been devouring them. One of them is called Fresh Food from small places and is actually available at chapters to buy (i went there this morning) I gotta tell you I am sorely tempted to buy it I LOVE the book. I am stoked about all the possiblities for vegies and other edibles!! IT actually has instructions for a DIY self watering container using the big storage containers from a department store and a few other cheap supplies. I am going to try to make a couple and don't worry Lesley, I'll take pictures of it when it's done!!! As for the title to my post, I went out this morning to go to my DR who is temporarily doing walk in clinic so no need to make an appointment right? I was going to get the form signed that Matthew graciously looked for and found (the one that I need for AMber's appointment tomorrow to get her new hearing aid) Well, the doctor is on vacation this week and the clinic is closed!! I suppose I could have gone to a different walk in clinic, but I'm attached to my family doctor now and perish the thought of going somewhere else. Anyway, since I was out I decided to go to the book store, which wasn't open yet...grr a morning of disappointments. I ended up chatting with a lady who was just trying to pass time by going to the book store because she was planning on going to Little Soles and take advantage of the closing out sale. appearantly not opening stores until ten is popular in Tecumseh... So I ended up going to a small department store near the shoe store to pass time until ten. they had seeds on sale for 39 cents so I picked up a whole bunch. then I went to the shoe store. I spent 90$ there on 3 very good quality pairs of shoes for chloe, to hopefully pass on to amber and tabitha. (i've once before gotten shoes there, and they are very well made and hold up well) Tabitha LOVES being out and about and every time we tried to leave a store she kicked up a fuss!! By that time it was only an hour to kill before picking up Emilie so i headed back to the book store where Tabitha happily crawled around looking at all the colors. I ordered the book carrots love tomatoes!! I'm so excited about that book too!! Anyway I need to stop rambling!! Chloe should be home from school soon, and i haven't done a lick of housework!!!

2 comments:

Let the party begin... said...

Glad you're getting the carots love tomatoes book. It has been great in helping me plan my garden. I can't wait to see your picture of your container gardening. I have all the old organic magazines that I love going through so I can understand the excitement.

Channynba said...

I will forgive you this time for the picture less post. BUt I too would love to start gardening. BUt wil no house or yard, it is impossible. Maybe next year.